Meaning of market
The common usage of market means a place where goods are bought or sold. A market need not necessarily mean a place of exchange. The word market is commonly used and may even mean or aim in any of the following:
• Market may mean a place where buying and selling take place;
• Buyers and sellers come together for transaction;
• An organization through which exchange of goods takes place;
• The act of buying and selling of goods (to satisfy human wants);
• An area of operation of commercial demand for commodities.